New North East Branch Library
What the new library will offer:
- A visible, convenient, accessible and central location.
- A full-service, 21st-century library for all citizens to access books, educational materials, services, technology and high-speed broadband.
- An expanded Small Business Information Center with on-site services for business owners and entrepreneurs.
- A variety of meeting spaces: a large public meeting room, enclosed study and work rooms, study tables and reading areas for all ages.
- A state-of-the-art early childhood learning center -- an engaging space for children ages birth to five designed to foster early learning skills and school readiness.
- For more information, please see our North East Project Brief.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the status of the project? Land for the new North East Branch Library was purchased in 2015 in the North East Station Shopping Center -- achored by Lowes and Food Lion. Design will begin in Fall 2017 and last approximately 12 months. Construction will take approximately 2 years. The estimated opening for the new library is late 2020.
- How do I learn more? For more information, please see our North East Project Brief.
So much more than books
- Cecil County Public Library is a national award-winning library system whose services go far beyond books, making a critical difference in the community in areas such as education, small business, workforce, veterans' services, and more. The new North East Branch Library is poised to become CCPL's busiest branch upon opening and will be an innovative, 21st century, community learning space staffed by professional educator librarians.
- Learn more about how CCPL has been recognized at the National level
- Libraries Changing the World -- CCPL's global impact on economic development
How to get updates
How to get involved
How do I get involved, support, and stay informed about the new North East Branch Library?